Storefront in September
In the midst of the lively hustle and bustle of the Utrecht Voorstraat, Casco Storefront offers a variety of usual and unusual things, including but not limited to a highly skilled translation service, a special piece of furniture designed by an international artist, but also books, tips and unusual experiences.
Every month, we announce what we have for sale in the shop, so please keep an eye on this website and your email inbox. Sometimes you will find "free" stuff to be exchanged for something other than money. For everything else, prices are negotiable. Any profit from the shop is put toward other activities at Casco. We value good relations with our customers and offer potential consignments for products, services or skills you bring to the shop.
Available in September:
- Play bench by artist Christian Nyampeta
- Translation service from English to Dutch and vice versa
- Photographs of all the shop windows on Voorstraat (concept: Casco, photos by Jasmijn van Es)
- Photographs of certain "freeshops" in Utrecht (concept: Casco after Superflex, photos by Jasmijn van Es)
- Rietveld crate chairs (concept: 'Zitten is een Werkwoord - Rietveld for (Un)usual Business' by artist Aimee Zito Lema)
Casco storefront is run in the framework of (Un)usual Business, a longterm collaboration with Kritische Studenten Utrecht that explores so-called "community economies". For more info please visit the (Un)usual Business website here.